Tea is probably the most popular beverage in India. Widely consumed across the country, chai helps us kick-start the day and refuel with energy. That’s not all. It also helps refresh us after a long tiring day. To sum it all up, the popularity of chai goes beyond region, so much so that you will find a dedicated dabba for chai patti (tea leaves) in every Indian household. But have you ever noticed that we enjoy the nukkad wali chai more than the homemade ones?! If you explore the streets of India, you will find tea stall at every corner of a city. And you will also find people gathering those small tea stalls early in the morning (or in the evening), enjoying their cup of tea. Ever wondered what makes that particular so special? Fret not, we found the answer for you. You heard us.
We found a recipe that will help you make the exact nukkad wali chai at home. All you need to do is, keep some quick tips in mind and brew the tea. The recipe has been shared by food vlogger Parul on her YouTube channel ‘Cook With Parul’. Take a look.
Ginger Tea Recipe | How To Make Nukkad Wali Chai:
- To start with, take some water in a saucepan and boil.
- While the water boils, crush some ginger and cardamom pods. You can use mortar pestle for the same.
- Add the crushed ginger and cardamom in the saucepan and mix well.
- Once it gets boiled, add milk to it. Boil it well.
- Add sugar to it and boil again.
- Now, at this stage, add tealeaves and simmer for up to five minutes on low-medium flame.
- Once it is boiled and the colour turns dark, switch off the flame.
- Strain the tea in a cup and take a sip.
Watch the detailed recipe of nukkad wali chai below:
(Also Read: 7 Herbal Tea Recipes To Boost Immune Health)
Now that you have the recipe handy, we suggest pair it with some snacks and enjoy. Click here for some of our favourite tea-time snacks recipes.
And those who like keeping it healthy, here are a few options for you. Click here to know more.
Enjoy your tea!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.